Grow Your Grit with Officer Joe
Do you have grit? How would you rate your own “see it throughness” when it comes to the goals you set for yourself?
If you’re like me, you’re constantly trying to build your persistence. Following through on hard things is an asset that’s useful in any arena of life, but can be super hard to do!
Angela Duckworth is the world’s leading expert on “grit,” the much-hyped ingredient in personal success. As Duckworth defines it in her book, “grit is passion and sustained persistence applied toward long-term achievement, with no particular concern for rewards or recognition along the way.”
On this week’s episode we interview RCMP Officer Joe Wallace about his grittiness in different aspects of his life from physical training for sports, to his education, to military training.
He demonstrates grit more than anybody I know.
In this episode we covered:
- strategies to see through difficult goals
- the mindset that will help you cultivate grit when the motivation is gone
- handling the GAP between where you are and where you want to go
- how to chunk down your vision and one up your level
- and some really cool stories about the hard things Joe has done!
I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I did, and if you have any awesome strategies or stories from your own life please share, I’d love to hear them!